Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Front Porch Lookin' In



I've traveled here and everywhere
Following my job

I've seen the paintings from the air

Brushed by the hand of God

The mountains and the canyons reach from sea to shining sea

But I can't wait to get back home

To the one he made for me

It's anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been

Nothing takes my breath away
Like my front porch looking in
- Lonestar

Welcome to our front porch! Obviously it's not to perfection yet but it's a start and it makes me happy to walk through the front door everyday (since I can't walk through my kayak packed garage, cough chuck cough). 

 This bench came with the house which was awesome, so I just had to add pillows. Find the chevron one here, and the medallion one here. The side table was a steal for $17 at hobby lobby and the perfect resting place for my summer drink of choice. The wooden bucket was a $3 thrift store find and found out it was a wooden dry measure pail bucket that was used to store sugar, flower or grain, and they go for up to $100 online! I had a cute pink flower in that turquoise pot that I picked up at TJ. It was called a "summer  survivor." I killed it. 



It's all about the little things and one of the reasons I loved the house was this cute little mail box and the newly added on numbers! A little sad I couldn't be all "pinteresty" here but defiantly saved some moneys.




Come on in! The house came with this precious freshly painted red door and we love it! I thought it said "come on in and stay a while". What do you think?


This little gem might be one of my favorite pieces in the whole house. I wish I could take credit and tell you step by step out to make an amazing chalkboard out of a vintage chair back, but I can't. My mother-in-law gifted this to me for my birthday and bought it at a cute little place in Abilene, TX. Perfect color, perfect greeting place. 



This little print was inspired by the wonderful world of Stephanie Creekmur. Please check out her stuff since I can't afford it! This was me printing out a sheet of paper and framing it in a $1 gold frame from Dollar Tree. The vase was $4.99 at TJ and has a funky shape that I love, and the flowers are burlap garden roses from hobby lobby! 


This side table/desk thing was a garage sale find for $10 and painted a light blue/grey color. Sorry I'm not a professional house blogger and can't tell you exactly what paint color, one day, one day. I bought the new knobs at a wholesaler online, similar to these. The basket was a necessity for guests since Ranger's favorite is all shoes, and a steal at 60% off at Hobby Lobby for $10.99. So if you come over this basket is your best friend. Find one similar here.


So that's our entrance! More house pics to come soon!

OH and hey.. tomorrow's Friday :)

- hailey 




No comments:

Post a Comment