Thursday, March 31, 2016

And On The Third Day - An Easter Post

"7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.

Luke 24:7 

Although childhood Easter was one of my favorite holidays of the year - adult Easter can be just as wonderful. Even though we don't get to hunt for eggs anymore, I now know and understand the sacrifice Christ made that day and the courage he had to go through the Crucifixion, and to brave the people that doubted his Resurrection. I've also learned more and more how important it is to spend holidays surrounded by family and loved ones, to truly cherish that time with them. 

"The resurrection of Jesus changes the face of death for all His people. Death is no longer a prison, but a passage into God’s presence. Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.” (Clarence W. Hall)

Below are a few pictures from this year's Easter lunch with my lovely parents and our some of our medical school friends! I posted about my Cru China set on here a lot - but I've never used EVERY piece like we did for Sunday! 

Menu: 
Green Salad with Strawberries and Pecans 
Roasted sweet potatoes and fingerling potatoes 
Mom's Strawberry Cake 












No comments:

Post a Comment